Advice for Apartment Hunters«« Move For Hunger Resources June 14, 2017 | 12:35 pm |
Whether moving into your first apartment or your 21st, the stress and chaos associated with getting all your stuff from one place to another can be overwhelming. Here are a few useful tips to help ease your mind.
Know the best time of year for moving into a new apartment:
• College apartments: Summer offers the best selection yet is the busiest time for moving. Book a mover in late spring/early summer to achieve the best selection and beat the summer moving rush.
• City apartments: November and December offer the best deals and tend to be less chaotic for moving because of the Holidays. April is also a good time because you beat the busy summer season.
Know how to choose the best apartment for you. When you walk into an apartment, bring these items:
• Tape measure (to see if your furniture will fit)
• Plug-in night light (to test all of the outlets)
• Light bulb (to test the light fixtures)
• Flashlight (to examine unlit areas)
Utilize free moving apps from the App Store, such as:
• Move Advisor
• Move Tools
For more information about apartment moving, check out Atlas Van Lines.