Pack a 1st Night Box!«« Move For Hunger Resources May 28, 2015 | 2:36 pm |
Chances are, you’re not going to be able to unpack and organize your new home on the same day that you move. Pack a labeled box with all of your first-night essentials and load it last so it’s the first thing off the truck, or better yet, put it in your car in case the moving van arrives on a later date.
Here are a few of our suggestions for the box, but think about what you will need to get through the first day or two:
- Pillows and blankets
- Air mattress or make sure your bed mattress is easily accessible.
- PJs & a few changes of clothes, including a sweatshirt or jacket
- Toiletries, such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, washcloth, towels, toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Toilet paper (often overlooked, but a necessity…)
- First aid kit with band aids, painkillers, and prescription medication
- Cell phone chargers
- iPod/MP3 player and stereo or speakers
- Food and snacks like bread, peanut butter, jelly, chips, and cookies
- Disposable plates (go green with compostable plates, cups, and utensils)
- Pet food, toys and leash
- Coffee & Coffee maker
- Water bottles and/or soda